waxoyl /dintrol gtv - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

waxoyl /dintrol gtv

I need to change the exhaust soon and to do so the car will be up on a proper lift. I want to waxoyl whilst I have the use of the ramp especially having seen the recent post on rust by the suspension etc. Fortunatly mine is sound there, but I want to do the cills as there is side skirts on the car that would hide any rust so I wouldn't be able to see it happening.

Any advice on where to waxoyl to get best access to inside of cill sections. Would that be underneath the carpet or drill through an access hole and bung afterwards? similarly advice to get to inside rearwings and front structures.

When doing my old MGB I found you could spray warm waxoyl using a compressor and parafin gun. At pressure it would spray a good 5-6ft with a good spray pattern/mist. Ideal to jet into the cill and box sections. Just ideas of wheres best to spray would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

GTV twinspark

Dinitrol ML Cavity wax, much much thinner than waxoyl (even at room temp), and supposed to creap into seams. Frost.co.uk sell it, and a long spray nozzle tube doofer, attach to spray can and insert into small holes and spray.

I intend to do this soon.. but I havent taken the skirts off to see what holes there are available. There is a big bung into that cavity (I guess) hidden by the rear arch liners, and I suppose there might be one at the front too ? I suspect also you could fit this tube into the holes used to hold the skirt on..

The rear wings can be accessed from the boot, just remove the carpet.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , or dintrol , waxoyl