Just fitted a new soft top - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
Just fitted a new soft top

Feeling a bit pleased with myself today as it was nice and sunny i decided to bin my old soft top and fit my bargain new one that i got at the end of last year (genuine Alfa spec for 70.00)!! I started the job at 11 this morning and finished at 6 pm this eve and that was with the wife taking me out for a pub lunch too!! can things get any better!! Unfortunately i did not take pictures (which i really know i should have done to post on here) but it is not a bad job lots of small self tappers and a few pop rivets to drill out, Got to admit that the new top looks very smart and it is nice and tight with no creases, so if anyone is thinking about doing the job you will need the following pop rivets and gun, Star drive sockets allen keys or socket, Impact adhesive, and an upholsterers stapler oh and a bit of time and common sense!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

***** Spider

wow Topkit, i was quoted 1,500 for one, fitted on my spider...........i love my model, shes so sleek, dont like the new spider, the backs shot off, no back shelf with storage under, (i go camping so need the space) mines 2001, people are always stopping to look and asking about her, but i need new tyres, soft top, front & back badges, new wipers, bitta body paintwork to sort, other than that shes (Agatha) in really good nick, 57,000 miles, silver with red leather upholstery & red carpets which are in excellent condition, so i thought it would be great to do her up and buy some customised mats - the ones my local ***** place quoted 100. Im just worried a new soft top wont fit well though.........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fitted , soft , top