Im going to pick up my 2003 Spider 2.0 JTS Lusso this coming thursday, I have had MGC servicing in Nottingham inspected my car and my reports states the following faults found:
I would be very grateful if you guys can help me out on these issues...
1. All brake discs have a slight corrosion lip. (Been told its normal for the age of my spider, so Im just going to leave them)
2. Rear exhaust pipe has a pin hole. (Can i just DIY fix it instead of changing the whole exhaust pipe?)
3. Front flex starting to blow, indicating early stages of breaking up (Is it repairable? if not, how much would it cost to replace it?)
4. 2x rear spring carrier arms bushes split. ( They are trying to get me to replace both of the rear suspension arms/rear spring carriers, but i have searched on the forum that powerflex is the solution for this and it will save me some bucks?)
5.O/SR trailing arm has play (Again, i think powerflex will solve the issue? if not please correct me)
6. Rear bump stops broken (What exactly do they do how much are they to replace?)
7.Gearbox leakage (Will it be repairable instead of a replacement needed?)
Im a novice in car mechanics so please forgive my lack of knowledge but I do love my Spider and i just couldnt wait to get my roof down and start cruising!!
BTW thanks GOLD for answering my questions on alloys!!
Nice day guys!!