4 wheel steer bothers me! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
i`ve got new original sprinpans and trailing arms in my gtv v6 and you can really feel the rear wheels steer in long fast corners, fantastically unique feeling to most other cars i`ve driven. Definately a delicate set up which logic suggests would be compromised with the firmer compound polybushes.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
Hello! Interestingly ( I hope) I am in the process of powerflexing the rear of my Spider TS 2.0. Unless the following is wrong ( Engineers please stand me corrected) I have found a fault on the rear that was unexpected and may, possibly exonerate the Alfa bushes. Gasp! Yes-The bushes don't seem to be the cause of the problem, although the bushes were very worn, in particular on the Shock Absorber Arm. Having loosely re-assembled the rear suspension I decided to jack that side, from underneath the spring carrier to see the whole movement in action. Here is the interesting bit: I omitted to put the nut on the lower upright bolt, attaching the shock arm passively. As I jacked the suspension, the shock absorber arm ( not bent/damaged) moved away from the bolt, say 30mm. In other words, when the arm is bolted tight as the suspension compresses it is putting untoward strain on the subframe side or upper bush of the shock absorber arm. Try this and see. Just loosen the shock arm nut, compress the suspension and see what happens. Unless this is part of 'rear wheel steering' then the adverse angle, commencing on the sub-frame is the culprit to wearing out the bushes. I have a compromise solution, a longer bolt and spacer. Does this explain how powerflex bushes sometimes don't work? Replies appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bothers , steer , wheel