do i need to go to alfa garage to re set alarm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-03-10 Thread Starter
County: Staffordshire
do i need to go to alfa garage to re set alarm

hi everyone , i have just got a alfa gtv and the alarm button will not open the car and the hazzard lights go off for a short period and then stop. I have read the manual but the example has the alarm on the key , mine is a separte fob from the key. I have now had the lock the car with the key instead of using the fob. I have changed the batteries to see if that it , also the little key light came up on the dash board. so do i need to go to the dealership to have it re coded? I have the red key but it is not the one with a button on like the one shows in the manual.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
2 Thing's, one it is a meta alarm which the box is behind the passengers trim by the centre, they do play up and 9 out of 10 time the box is the main fault. and is the key light on all the time now and will not start if so it has a key code box above the fuse box and they go down, ned to know if it is code one or 2, look on the metal part for a small number 2 if so it needs to go on a coumputer to code the keys in but make sure you have them all at the time of codeing.
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
Re the key light on the dash, if you have a manual read the section on the CODE system ... it has a series of things to do if the key light shows up.
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Using the fob make sure the light on dash is not flashing, unlock with key, get in car and lock car by pushing down the lock pins. Set the alarm using fob, dash light should flash, press fob again and the light should stop flashing and doors unlock. I do that when locks have been frozen and it works on mine.......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , alfa , garage , set