lpg v6 GTV - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
Hi, thought I'd chip in.

I bought a V6 back in March with a Prinz conversion to LPG already done.

I commute 90 miles a day and figured that there was no way I could own a V6 with that sort of miles/day unless it was LPG. The system runs fine, 45l usable cylinder in the boot (not much space left) and only very occaissionally does it cut out when gunning it.

So the benefit? I can listen to that V6 all day long, every day without worrying about the wallet too much. And how many people do 400+ miles a week in a V6? LPG is the only way and makes total sense to me.

PS I use FlashLube on it, system was already fitted and just keep it topped up
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

Jag STR, V6 GTVs

Not Happy Cost cutting cut out

Originally Posted by GTVgent View Post
I bought a V6 back in March with a Prinz conversion to LPG already done............. and only very occaissionally does it cut out when gunning it.

So the benefit?
Purely financial but if you can't rely on it when you need it most....?

Probably needs a service, the LPG bit.

Last edited by CG Trading; 13-07-11 at 15:14. Reason: add info
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Mine cuts out (bounces like at redline) at 5000rpm when the fuel pressure is low (tank is almost empty), or switches over to petrol automatically when tank is totally empty.

The 4 cylinder conversion was 800, V6 probably a bit more but nowhere near 2k!! Although mine was definitely a budget conversion, I'm pleased with the work they did!

The incentive is purely financial of course!! But its very logical... Loss of boot space is not as big a problem as you seem to think Clive... how often do I need my boot? I havn't needed it once in 6 months of having it converted... There is still enough space to hide laptop or whatever when I park up. Shopping bags sit on the passenger seat.
(Post Link) post #29 of 29 Old 14-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

I chat to the people at the LPG pump at my Morrisons 75p a litre. most are on their 2nd or 3rd lpg car and wouldn't go back. LSt one was a converted V6 hyundai coupe.

If you want you can always go back to petrol for a redline experience by pressing a button but daily drive in traffic run on gas. It is an ideal world for most. The only downside is not the cost of conversion but the acceptability of it for resale, as has been displayed by the strong views in this thread. I think many people would want a Merc E class on LPG but less an alfa GTV. So great for you as the owner as it is your thing but maybe harder to sell on even though its cheaper to run.

I think that was why in the end I didnt do it. Roll on the LPG merc tho.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , lpg