would you do it? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 19-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

would you do it?

Hi everyone! I have dilemma and hope you can help me decide. I use my GTV as a second car and I'm planning to do some spring repairs. There are couple of things that need to be done - I want to get Q2, 1st and 2nd gears are hard to engage (most likely syncromesh) and I think a new clutch would help also. I really enjoy working on the car and had a crazy idea to try to fix those things myself. I have read pretty much all related posts and it sounds like a doable job. However I'm not sure if I have enough skills to do it. So far I have done various stuff on my BMW motorcycle and small things on the GTV. Are there any special tools that I will need in the process? I'm going to be doing that in a garage with a lift. Where can I get parts for the gearbox? Is it just at the dealer? How hard it is to put the gearbox together after I take it apart? What are the things to be careful with? Since I'm not in hurry it's ok if it takes a little longer. If your were me would you do it or better to stay out of trouble and give it to professionals?

Last edited by dzelzcels; 19-03-10 at 13:04.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider