Alfa Spider Immobilser Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-03-10 Thread Starter
Alfa Spider Immobilser Problems

I know that there have been many threads on this subject, however, I think mine is slightly different. I start my car and go off on a journey, arrive and turn off and then go to restart and the 'code' light is lit and the car will not start. If I leave it for a period of time and go back it will start first time. If I shut off immediately and try to start if works fine .

This makes it difficult to rely upon and frustrating as the weather is getting nicer and I like to commute in it. Not sure if it is the key fob, I have tried the master key and it is no different. I have tried the advice on the forum by moving the steering column up and down to no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Wiltshire
try moving your immob antenna, if you take off the steering wheel cowel (3x hex screws, 4x phillips) and look at the ignition barrel there should be a black plastic ring with a black ribbon cable coming off it, unclip it from the barrel and play around with the orientation, test by putting the key in the ignition and turing on the electrics (mine worke best with the cable join at 12 o'clock)

also on mine the cable was pulled tight bending the part of the antenna where the cable fixes to it. to fix this release the steering wheel adjuster gently pull on the black cable whilst changing the angle of the wheel to get some extra length from inside the dash

after all that mine now seems to deactivate faster, though still not aswell as my 156, where you can just jump in and start the engine
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 15-03-10 Thread Starter
Dan653 - Thanks for the idea, I will try this and let you know how I got on. Cheers Matt

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , alfa , immobiliser , immobilser , problems , spider