72,000 mile service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

147 GTA

72,000 mile service

Hi all, as I mentioned in another thread, I am now contemplating keeping the Cup, it appears I love it more than I thought

…plus for the budget I have, there is not a great deal out there that excites me enough to warrant selling this beauty.

But anyway...the car is due a 72,000 mile service soon and I'd rather get it done sooner rather than later.

I have read through the recommended similar threads that pop up when you enter a topic title, and as such, I'm lead to believe the belts should be done at this service?

I've looked through the service history provided with the car and the belts where done 10k ago.

So what else is involved on the 72k service? As it is the most expensive one from everything I’ve read.

Also, I know these next points are down to personal preference, but;

1) Is it worthwhile getting anything tweaked/ uprated at the same time, I.E; Q2 etc.

2) Which independent do people favour? Obviously a lot will come down to location, but any preferences on which one to use?

Cheers in advance,

Sponsored Links
According to Alfa workshop the 72K service without cambelt is pretty cheap:

Alfa Romeo Servicing

And here's their rough guide to what needs doing:

Alfa Romeo 147/156/GT/GTV/Spider Service Schedule
AO Member
County: Monmouthshire

Member car:

GTV V6 Lusso

I think with low mileage cars of older age the official service schedule becomes less important, and you should start doing the jobs as and when they need doing. When you say ther belts were done 10k ago - how long ago was that?

My belts have done 12k now, but were done 3 years ago (as I recall on a Sunday morning!!) so I'm going to change them next year along with the plugs, even though they will have only done about 20k.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

000 , mile , service