Remote Locking Stopped Working - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 02-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

2004 Alfa GT 3.2

Remote Locking Stopped Working

In the latest edition of things related to my remote locking, out of nowhere, the remote has stopped working. The power locks themselves are fine, and the key starts the car no probs. The red LED on the key illuminates when the button is depressed, so I'm assuming the battery is fine. But, no remote locking all of a sudden.

**Background** - My 'old' key carked it, and I didn't have the brown master key. I did however have the code for the remote locking. About a week before this happened, I took my broken key to alfa, and they supplied me with a new key. All I needed was the housing (or to be precise, half of it), and the circuit board from the new key. I interchanged my chip, and connected my old key half to the new housing and circuit board. Then, they programmed the 'new' key using the code I had. After 2 attempts, the remote locking worked perfectly. I left feeling satisfied, albeit considerably lighter in the hip pocket.

Then, a week later, there I am back to square one with no remote locking. This is a feature I can probably live without, but it's bloody annoying knowing it worked without a hitch that week, and then nothing - esp after paying Alfa for a new key.

Anybody else had this occur before?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

locking , remote , stopped , working