MelbGTV, that looks great, can we have a full detailed 'How To' ??????
1. Testors Candy Apple Red 1605 (transparent red enamel spray paint)
2. Plasti-Kote Clear Super (enamel clear coat spray paint)
3. Sandpaper (wet & dry) 600, 800, 1500 and 2000 grit
4. Meguiars Ultimate Compound
5. Meguiars NTX Generation Tech Wax
6. Masking tape
7. Dishwashing liquid
1. Peel back boot trim, detach bulb assemblies and remove taillight.
2. Put a few drops of dishwashing liquid into the bucket and fill with water to be used for wet-sanding.
3. Mask off all plastic/rubber trim around the light.
4. Wet-sand the taillight with 600 grit to remove any raised lettering, etc.
5. Wet-sand with 800 to give the paint a nice surface to adhere to.
6. Clean thoroughly with Windex and allow to dry
7. Spray with red using light coats until desired effect is achieved. (I did two coats.) Wait 30 min. between coats.
8. Allow to dry overnight.
9. Wet-sand with 2000
10. Clean thoroughly with Windex and allow to dry.
11. Spray with clear coat. Do at least
6 coats. It dries almost instantly, but wait 5 min between coats.
12. Allow to dry overnight.
13. Wet-sand with 800
14. Wet-sand with 1500
15. Wet-sand with 2000
16. Clean thoroughly with Windex and allow to dry.
17. Polish with cutting compound.
18. Remove masking tape and replace taillight
19. Apply a coat of wax