I have been an alfa owner for a couple of weeks now- black 03 spider twin spark.
within a week of owning the car i crashed it- wet road, unfamiliar sticking point... slammed the front left wheel into a kerb, hard and bent the lower suspension control arm and the rim.
anyway, have just got the car back from maranello pursang in brunswick- they were very helpful and very quick. got all the damage fixed and also did the belts, plugs, variator etc.
the car is now running better than ever and no annoying diesel noise at start up. im sure the new variator (or something) has improved power a bit too.
some things i have discovered about twin spark spiders:
1. they like to be revved: quite a bland car at low revs but great sound and performance around 5k revs.
2. they leak! i have quite a lot of water getting in around the join between the roof and the windscreen/door glass in this wet melbourne summer. any suggestions? what is the most common culprit?
still on the to-do list:
1. the aforementioned leak
2. a really good interior clean (have cleaned carpets and they look great)
3. new floor mats- would like alfa logo and ones that fit- any suggestions?
3. repair dented rear quaterpanel (previous owner)
4. new stereo- thinking pioneer one with front usb and bluetooth.... with new pioneer 5x7 in doors and an 8 inch speaker in rear position. to amp or not to amp?
5. new rear window as per recent thread. like that smoky tinted one
6. new badges- old ones are a little faded.