the reason i sed they cud do is because they sed they cud only do the tracking if it had new tyres...
Tread depth or age of tyre has absolutely nothing to do with tracking.
They're taking you for a ride..........at your expense.
Can you name the dealer?
Here's a bit of info for you:
1) Dealers don't have tyre facilities.
2) They don't do MOTs.
3) They generally don't do tracking, or if they do it's 2wheel tracking only, as the correct 4wheel tracking equipment is expensive. Your GTV needs 4wheel tracking.
4) They subcontract most of this work out to the nearest tyre fitting centre.
5) The tyre outfit give the dealer a favourable rate for work by subcontractual agreement.
6) The dealer then loads this rate considerably then pass on the price to you.
7) This price is often significantly more than the price you'd pay direct to a reputable tyre outlet.
8) They're saying that 'Saturday' is no good as often tyre centre are busy with passing trade, or they haven't got the Saturday staff at the dealership to drive down to the tyre outlet.
Just another way to squeeze money out of unsuspecting punters.