Advert Feedback - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 24-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Advert Feedback

As you may know I currently have my V6 for sale on an Ebay classified and also Piston Heads advert. I have a lot of watchers on ebay and had various emails from the Piston Heads site, however I am sensing it is not going to sell.

Can you give me some feedback on my add, and let me know if you think its priced appropriately etc:

Any help is appreciated, its good to be honest and I wont take offence

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

I cannot see any problems with the advert, the only thing I would say is the feedback not being 100% but having looked at the reason that was down to some idiot (we all can see the cost of postage so if he was not happy he should not have bidded)

The only thing i would say is that with it having red leather people are going to either love it or hate it, so its probably a case of waiting for the right person.

I am putting mine up for sale shortly so it does not look good for me, as I will be putting mine up for sale at alot higher price than yours.

However I change my mind at least 2 a week about weather to sell or not, so if she does not I'm not that bothered.

Good luck with the sale, someone will be getting a nice car when it does sell
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Ad looks fine Gaz, I'd not bother with the 'Overall I really do not want to sell this car' as the price drop and offers statements that shows that you do want to sell the car, but that's a tiny point.

The real point for me is that eBayers love a low start on an item, which is of course risky for the seller, so the start price (although being very reasonable in this case) doesn't come across as a 'bargain' and so people don't make bids. eBay logic is quite odd.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
The advert does sound too bad to me. If I was on the look out for one I would certainly want to view your car. I would maybe look at taking some better photos in one location and in good lighting. Also all this stuff about reduced price means nothing, likewise talking about Autoglym etc doesn't really mean alot. Just state the facts, mileage, service history and get decent photos. I personally wouldn't bother with the cambelt stuff and advertise the car at 2999 because it will appear a more attractive price; when was it last changed?

Maybe the recession is having an impact on car sales.

Alfa Romeo GTV T-Spark
AO Member
County: Monmouthshire

Member car:

GTV V6 Lusso

I can't see anything wrong with the advert, except perhaps the photos aren't the best. But hey, its that time f year right. Maybe give it a scrub up today and get some pics in a nice place while the sun is out.
AO Member
County: Kent
Your ad is fine, i use e-bay for a hobby and for a business and what i do find is on E-bay with cars and even my JCB that everyone wants a bargain i would be very supprised i you have't had the usual what will you take for it for cash now mate! or i will have 2k and can collect it tommorrow because there a plenty of those to55er5 on there. You have a nice car there and you may struggle at the moment although if you keep hold of it until Mid to late Feb, I Find the sportier cars tend to start picking up in sales (people that have some money usually start looking when the weather picks up and the evenings start to get lighter. The only thing that i would change in your ad is an overall description i would put first and then jobs done in a list next and any bad points last and keep the font the same throughout there are also themes that you can add which do make the adds look good. I am sure some people will disagree with what i say but i have done over 750.000 worth of business on E-bay. Piston Heads is a good site and i would say most enthusiasts would go on there and have a look to find a genuine honest car i certainly look on there, i have never spotted a real bargain on there because everyone knows what there car is worth as they are enthusiasts (well most are) !
AO Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

The advert is fine and the car looks great. The only thing that occured to me was there's no mention of the clutch, which has either been done and you didn't mention it, or will need doing at some point, so a potential buyer might be factoring the price of a new clutch into the equation, which takes it well over 4k.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

advert , feedback