THIS IS NOT A HOW TO just to be clear, merely some rough notes on what i did that may help anyone else.
1. I bought from Autolusso the entire centre consol including dials but i had to go and remove them myself as it is too labour intensive for them to remove (It took me almost the whole day to remove all the needed parts). Note how you remove items from P2 and take some pics for reference.
2. Remove your P1 consol and associated parts.
3. Fix the upper consol surround to your P1 dash in the same way as was removed from P2
4. Refer to your P2 pics and cut the foam of the lower consol area of your P1 to match your pics of P2. Now fit the lower consol and screw into place.
5. Prepare the silver face of the upper consol (see pics).
6. Cut a large slice of the top of the heating duct to allow room for the 3 dials. Replace cut item with duct tape to re-seal the heating duct (or your dials will melt).
7. The dials are next. I don't really remember how i exactly got this to work but it was a combination of the P1 and P2 moulded together. This is the bit that took the most time and i don't have pics.
8. finally put it all into position.
I started the conversion from Phase I to Phase II also, I also have troubles with the dials. The clock is the smallest problem. I really can't get the fuel and the watertemp. working. You write that you made a combination. Do you mean that you use Ph1 and Ph2 dials, or are you only using the Ph2 dials and rewired the Ph1 wires?
I used the Alfa Romeo Manuals for the electrical part but it didn't matter what I tried, the original Ph2 dials didn't work as the should be.
You don't have by any chance a electric scheme which you used to make everything work?