Mine's something like this:
1. Open gate, unlock car, open boot from key fob and put laptop and lunch into boot.
2. Turn key, wait for TS clatter to stop
(Not true! Mine's a lucky one!)
3. Reverse out. Wonder if the engine is running? It's too quiet in here? look at rev counter, needle is above zero so yes, the engine is on.
4. Drive to work, wondering why I'm enjoying my drive more than the unlucky souls in their Mondeos, Mazdas and Toyotas.
5. Acknowledge all the admiring glances along the way. (she's a pretty one!)
6. Get to work and have to ignore all the "So you came in with the wife's car today?" jests.
7. Do a good day's work, and look for GTV when I have to leave, then realise I came in with the 156. Really don't mind that, even though it's only a 2.0L
1. Open gate, walk up to driver's door.
2. VERY IMPORTANT! Push unlock on key and immidiately press button on door to open. This works 99% of the time, without having to unlock the door with the key. Get it wrong, and it kinda spoils the rest of the drive, lol!
3. Reverse out, let car idle a few seconds while closing the gate.
4. Turn radio on, while waiting for engine to warm while driving off slowly.
5. See water temp in the right place and unleash the hooligan under the bonnet!
6. Smile all the way to work! (I leave early, especially to miss the traffic when I go in with the GTV. It's worth it
7. Sit at work, can't wait for the day to pass so I can drive my GTV home again
1. Reconnect battery.
2. Hope and pray!
3. Turn the key, first look at all the lights on the dash and info display, then walk around car to see which bulb is not working and which plug under the bonnet is not plugged in.
4. Give up, everything's working but some red lights refuse to go out.
5. Start her up. What a noise! The Nord engine sounds amazing!
6. Warm her up (yes, the manual advises that!).
7. Get in and drive off.
8. Stop to see where the smell of oil/fuel/exhaust is coming from. Realise that's normal in the Alfetta!
9. Start grinning, blipping the throttle unnecessarily, chucking her through corners, braking late and generally being 18 again for a brief few moments!
10. Stop at filling station, refill tank.
11. Park back in the garage. Look at her waiting for the next trip. It may be weeks...