So, got the car back on Friday. Just to close off the thread here's the work that was carried out:
1) Service is due. (Thankfully not cam belts!)
- New filters, oil, plugs etc.
2) Temp running very low when on the move (sitting below the 50 mark!) I think thermostat
3) Engine management light reporting error code P0115
New thermostat, coolant temp sensor fitted
4) Washers are only squirting a mere dribble
- Resevoir & washers cleaned out.
5) Rear brake discs pitted and pads worn
- New pads and discs fitted.
6) Advisory on handbrake at MOT
7) Drivers side door mirror being replaced (it was kicked off by some scrote a couple of months ago)
- New door mirror fitted.
8) Pulling to the left when driving on flat road / motorway
9) occasional 'crunch / notch' if turn steering wheel while car is stationary.
- Slow puncture I hadn't noticed and tracking 8mm out. Fixed and tracking reset.
- Also there was a lot of debris in the ventilation system which was causing vibrations. This has been cleared out too.
Not had a chance to take it on a big run yet but all seemed well on the way home from the garage.
They also mentioned that there is a very slight rumbling from a wheel bearing, however because it is slight the only way of finding out which one it is would require a fair amount of stripping and checking. He suggested letting the rumble develop and then it should be easier to diagnose. - Any ideas on this one gratefully received.