I think £8k would represent a fair price for the car provided the following were done:
* Cambelt, tensioner, 2 x idlers, waterpump, 6 x spark plugs & new rocker cover gaskets
* New oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter
* Brakes stripped and serviced, all worn pads & discs replaced
* New brake fluid
* Rear suspension bushes replaced with Powerflex
* Front suspension arms & droplinks free of play
* 4 Good tyres
With this work completed and at this price, I reckon it might take a couple of months to sell but it definitely would, once the right buyer finds it.
It is a one-off car, so like it or not, "market value" doesn't come into it.
- UK's leading independent Alfa Romeo specialist with branches in Bedfordshire, Cumbria & Dorset
Wizard Exhaust systems available here
Tel: 01768 879 171