It's time to introduce myself and, first of all, i would like to wish you a happy new year ! Great things to come in 2010 for all of you, Alfa enthusiasts !
My name's Sebastien (my username means "Little Seb") and i'm from France.
I've been owning a 3.0 V6 24v Gtv (phI) for 4 years now and it's by far the best Alfa i ever had ! Previous cars were Alfa 145 2.0 Qv and 164 3.0 Qv (233 bhp/2WD) not Q4.
I didn't want to lose my driving license so i decided to have a track day project. Upgrades have been applied and i'm quite satisfied with results! But i always want MORE!
Here are the mods :
305mm brembo calipers give enough braking power combined with :
- Motul RBF600 oil
- Goodridge Brake Hoses
- 3G Grooved and Drilled Discs
- Ferodo DS2500 pads
what's next : Reconditioned Powder Coated Calipers + EBC Turbo Grooved Discs (GD1011) + EBC Yellow Stuff Pads (DP41031R)
Weight (light is right !) :
- Front Leather Seats (25 kg each) + Rear Leather Seats (10 kg) replaced with 2 OMP WRC Racing Seats (8 kg each)
- All plastic/tar stuff-things under the floor (20 kg : HEAVY !), radio , alarm, antenna, spare wheel, smaller battery about 15 kg
- Teledial wheels (21 kg per wheel+tyre) replaced with LightWeight Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels (14 kg each including tyre weight)
Result : 1300 kg instead of 1415 kg
- 4 KONI Sport shocks + SuperSport springs (-50mm), recently replaced with FK HighSport Coilovers because height adjustable : What a mistake !
The HighSport shocks are too soft and make the car bouncy --> Dangerous !
so i will go for SilverLine X Coilovers with KONI shocks (again) and racing springs (120N/mm) very soon.
- Powerflex rear bushes
- Magic Camber bolts to increase negative camber (about 2°)
- Hankook RS2-Z212 tyres
Incoming upgrade : Q2 LSD + 156 2.5 V6 Lightened Flywheel (6.9 kg) + GTA clutch kit and Alfa 155 Front Anti Roll Bar (thanks to Autolusso : Dan-Pud237 )
- BMC CDA 85-150 Kit
- Squadra Tuning EPROM
- Agip 10w60 Racing Oil
- (236 bhp @6520 RPM - 206 ft/lbs @5085 RPM
Next Upgrade : GTA inlet cams if bhp increase confirmed.
SOME VIDEOS ON TRACK (ENJOY
Thanks for reading and i will let you know about the next updates with PICTURES