Tyres - Dunlop Sport Maxx TT ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 29-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Tyres - Dunlop Sport Maxx TT ?

I am about to change all four tyres, has anyone got any experience of the Dunlop Sport Maxx TT?.

I cant make my mind up, I have always used F1's on my sporty cars in the past (MX5 etc) with good results but the feed back on this site is not so good.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Assymetric tyre this one, have them on the 156 Sport (215/45/17), very quiet, however they do seem to wear down a bit more quickly than previous tyres. Hope that helps.
I can't give any feedback on the Dunlops but have you considered Toyo Proxes? They are good value and work well on my V6. How much are you looking to spend?
AO Silver Member
County: -
I use them on my 147. 215/45/17, much better than Sport Maxx (without TT) that I owned previously in the wet, quite a bit quieter also.
In dry it is up there with the best tyres. The wear is a bit high, but it is a performance rubber, not economy...

I recommend them... but it depends what you seek for your car. If you do a lot of miles per year, then go for something that is more economy oriented.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 22-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Thanks for the feedback. In the end I went for a set of Goodyear F1 Assymmetrics. 440 all in. Just had 4 wheel tracking done as well (might as well make them last as long as possible!). So far very pleased, grip is excellent in the wet (can't comment on the dry! :, a much more confident drive than before. No tramlining issues to report. The car feels showroom fresh now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

dunlop , maxx , sport , tyres