this is for you littledigger :lol: - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 29-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

this is for you littledigger :lol:

right, i have read loads of threads on here about knobs and shafts, and finally got around to wrestling with mine, so here is the lowdown:

got a shiny new knob from fleabay, with the alfa logo in the middle, i think a few people have got the same one. removed the old knob from the shaft with a short firm tug. took a hacksaw, covered the surrounding area with paper towel to catch any 'swarf'. cut the shaft just below the key looking thing that stops the original knob rotating, and filed to finish it off. get the old knob and stanley knife the old knob about 1 - 1 1/4 from the bottom (basically so that the diameter of the old knob part fits inside the recess of the new knob) fit this into the bottom of the new knob and check for fit. if good, glue in place, this will retain the gaiter as it did on the old knob, and if done right, you wont see it when you are finished. place new knob on the shaft and secure using the provided grub screw. voila! marvel in the now shortened throw of your knob and shaft combo. will post pics if required. happy knob fettling!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

littledigger , lol