AHM Fast Road Cams - V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey
AHM Fast Road Cams - V6

Anyone got these or spoken to Adie about them? Do you know the expected gains or specs (lift, duration etc.)?

Seriously tempted to give them a go, will speak to Adie when I can but I guess he won't be around much next week. Mr H if you're out there and don't mind a chat drop me some details on PM and I'll give you a bell at your convinience!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
I would recommend you talk to Richard Jemison (RJR Racing specializes in Alfa Romeo Automobiles) . Why I like going though him is you send in a set of 24V cams to have their profile checked. Can't really trust Alfa's specs. Then you can ask him to configure the cams with his help too. These won't be regrinds, but they will be made from your cams by welding material to get the extra lift and duration.

It's NOT just the peak lift and duration, it's the shape of the ramp that will make you think your cams are ****e or otherwise. In a street car you want it to have good response at the lower RPM range too, that is why lobe shape and lobe centers separation are important.

I'm going to send him a set of GTA cams to have it checked, as well as stock 24V exhaust cams. I was told by Jim Kartalamakis that the Renault Clio 16V Williams (182?) is a very good street cam. We need to get the EXACT lobe profile from it then transfer the specs to our cams. I was also told CatCams.be are good too. Another choice is Newman cams. No experience with AHM, but they have a very powerfule 33 2.0 16V race cars, so they must know a lot about about building fast engines too.

I'm using Richard's cams on my 75 3.0 V6 and 155 2.5 V6. The 75 had Colombos originally. After switching to Richard's cams, I had to use less fuel (I had to remap as it was running way too rich). His cams had MORE lift (11mm) as opposed to the CB's 10.4mm.

Only problem is shipping etc. Cost will add up quickly, but I like the fact they he discloses all the profile specs to me and give me.

2006 Honda Accord CL9 Type S 6-Speed
1996 155 2.5 V6, Squadra Tuning, RJR Cams
1995 164 Super 3.0 24V
2001 156 3.0 V6, custom Kartalamakis 10mm cams,
1987 75 3.0 V6, JE Forged pistons, 11:1 CR, CSC stainless headers, Beninca Airbox, Stage2 Injectors, Autronic SMC, RJR 11mm cams...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

ahm , cams , fast , road