How do you open your frozen GTV?
So the last few days have taught me a few things:
1. Gloves are amazing inventions
2. Sprinkley white stuff on the road generally isn't salt (weeeeeee-slide)
3. Alfa Romeos were designed for sunnier climes
4. My car's central locking is *very* volatile
5. My boss can smell a hangover a mile off and subsequently has no issues with telling her employees they look "s**t"
Now, whilst the fact that my boss has identified that if I'm wearing sunglasses and my hair's lopsided then chances are last night was a heavy one concerns me; it doesn't bother me half as much as the problems I'm having getting my car open on very frosty mornings (especially after the night before!!)
Does anyone else have similar problems and how do you get around them?
When I try to unlock my car using the central locking, it immediately relocks itself.
If it *do* manage to unlock the driver side door using the key and get in (after pouring warmish tap water over the locks and top of the windows so they can drop down) I then can't open the passenger door.
This then creates a whole host of issues...
Sometimes, if I manage to get in the car using the key, the alarm hasn't quite caught up and causes the hazard lights to flash (lots), sometimes I can't lock the car when I reach my destination and it just makes whirring noises at me.
Help? What am I doing wrong and is there a better way to get in the car other than breaking the windows (sorely tempted last night at 9pm after our work Christmas lunch)??