Ran like a dream. I still can't believe the handling from this car after 6 months ownership. Some of the issues that I've noticed from this type of drive:........
- Wind noise is deafening at 160km/h. I think my windows actually got worse on the trip.
- The car needs revs (over 3500) to keep going up steep hills, otherwise you're literally changing down to 3rd to keep up speed. This usually means breaking the speed limit if you want to keep it in top gear
- The A/C struggles when it's 39 degrees (102F?)
- The wipers struggle on their top speed when it's bucketing down in the middle of a storm.
- Overall, though, the car ate the kays, especially on the way home. I've got cruise control which really helped. It went from Sydney to Melbourne (860kms) yesterday in around 7hrs, 45min.
The wipers struggle on their top speed when it's bucketing down in the middle of a storm.
Lets face it the wipers on a GTV are a design afterthought - reminds me of the power of string. Once had a wiper motor failure on a long run somewhere or other in my first car a Triumph 1300. The day was saved by attaching two long pieces of string to the two wiper blades and then running them into the car through the conveniently placed quarterlight windows two passengers in the back then took it in turns to pull their piece of string on the appropriate command. Knackered the wiper motor but did the job.
Sounds like a very nice run along the coast there.