Strange paintwork damage on Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Strange paintwork damage on Spider

Hi all

I've been looking around for a nice GTV or Spider over the last couple of weeks and thought I'd found what I was looking for today. A 3.0 Spider in red.

It's got more stone chips than I'd like but they can be sorted. The other thing its got damage to the paintwork on the body, at the lowest, furthest back corner of the door opening (not sure I've described that well!!). Doors themselves look ok, no signs of scrapes along the doors, just these chips off at the bottom corner curve of the body.

Anyone got ideas on what might have caused this? Should I worry, or would it just be a chipsaway man job ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Could the door possibly have been opened onto a curb or steps?!! Thats happened to me with numerous cars!!!
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
I would think it is chips from where the seatbelt has got caught in the door as it was closing, if the chips are on the inside.

If on the outside, I dunno - could be jetwash damage maybe?
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 21-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Went back for a second look today, and a drive. I reckon the damage is seat belt buckle. The reeling in spring doesn't seem to be very strong so the belt flops down and bangs on that spot. Had a good look and seems to be just cosmetic damage. Chips Away man time.

I am seriously seriously tempted by this car and might just have to take the plunge!

My GT goes next month and I don't do the mileage I used to - so I'm sure a nice Spider is just what I need

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

damage , paintwork , spider , strange