Sump Finally died !!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 31-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 2.0L

Cry Like A Baby Sump Finally died !!!!

hi everyone,

ive been avoiding changing my sump for 5 months now, as when i bought the car and it came round for its first service with me i found the sump plug thread to be completely F**KED not very happy, but knowing some useful tricks i went about bodging/modifing it

first i cut the sump pug thread with a tapered tap, dont ask were i got a tapered tap just found it at work, then had a load of funny looking tappered plugs laying around at work which were the same size, turns out they were out of radiators

and for the last 4 months its been holding up fine, but took her out for a spin last nite and when i came back to her this morning there was a puddle in my garage and i new the time had come..... anyone else suffered sump problems?

let me know

alfa romeo GTV 2.0 TS
CDA induction kit with custom built silicon induction pipes - full alfaholics exhaust - down pipe - sports cat - centre box - raggazzon rear twin DTM straight through rear section - red painted brake calipers - braided brake lines - EBC red stuff pads all round - EBC turbo disc's all round - front strut brace - powder coated rear arms and spring pans with powerflex bushes - TTV racing lightweight flywheel.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

died , finally , sump