GTV Jack - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
A solution i was given by another member was to get a 4" - 5" block of timber and drive the corner you are wishing to jack onto it, this will give you the gap to get one of those trolley jacks such as the halfrauds one, but! size & weight are my priorities so the scissor jack that DnC listed is the most attractive choice yet but only if that lip lifter can be changed to a pad?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
DuckNCover, that does look good but it is a scissor jack of sorts and i have to admit i do not trust any scissor jacks, they should be banned!!!! Also looking at that it appears to jack at the sill lip which is a big no,no on the GTV/Spider, a trolley jack would be ideal as it needs to jack at the turrets inboard of the sill on all four corners. Weight and size are amongst the top two criteria, i guess one of those with a Pad like a trolley jack would be a good emergency solution!?
I very much meant as a replacement of the existing scissor jack rather than something for any major work. It should definitely not be a replacement for a trolley jack and axle stands.

The main issue with the mass-produced scissor jacks is how unstable they are which causes them to buckle and fold with very little warning. This seems to be more stable than a standard jack and would suit anyone looking not to add significant weight to the boot of their car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , jack