GTV Air distribution fault - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 22-10-09 Thread Starter
County: Somerset

Member car:

GTV 3.0

Help GTV Air distribution fault

3.0V6 GTV, 2000 Model -Another electrical issue I think? The air distribution wont change, no matter where the control knob is positioned. It just blows to the windscreen. I'm about to take it to an electrician. All the other control work fine.
Anyone got any suggestions as to the problem so that I can sound like I know what I'm talking about?
I'm hoping to avoid the dash all coming out. I just know it wont be put back properly and I'll end up with squeaks and rattles!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
No good news. On my previous 156 I had this problem. Solution - the dash all comin out to the small motors near the air intake which control the air distribution system.

AO Gold Member
County: Kent
The motor is for the outside air in control. The distribution flap you have a problem with is mechanical, controlled by bowden cables. Do you feel resistance on the switch? if not then the cable may have come adrift. If you do then something may have sheared to stop the flap moving. It's difficult but not impossible to get to the flap fixings. Best to remove the glove box and the side trim in the passenger footwell. There may also be a plastic cover that is difficult to remove so it may have to be cut away. The flap control you want is the one above the plastic water valve.

81 'Sud 1.5 Super - '88 33 1.7 Green Cloverleaf -'92 164 2.0 Twinnie - '94 164 2.0 Twinnie -'99 166 2.5 V6 Sportronic -'00 166 2.5 V6 Manual-'03 156 2.4 JTD Veloce-'97 GTV 2.0 Twinspark

AROC 916 Registrar Gtv Rebuild Project Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

air , distribution , fault , gtv