Tacho meter or rev meter wiring HELP - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: New South Wales
Help Tacho meter or rev meter wiring HELP

ok this is my dilemma i got a nice GTV twin spark 2001 and i love it now the problem is i curently installed the defi link Heads Up Display that shows the spedo and tacho and projects it onto the wind screen all good except one thing no body can tell me whats the wire that goes into the tacho meter.

after speaking with my alfa romeo service in sydney australia they said they cant provide me the wiring details and after speaking with more then 10 other electricians and mechanics the same story they are unable to help me.
So i went onto the net and found out the spedo wire is behind the steering column on your right there is a green cluster you take out and and i believe it was the pin 7 light blue wire anyways i taped it in and my HUD is showing the speed digitally now i cant find anywhere on the internet what pin and what couler the wire is. If there is anybody out there that is able to help me, please do as i said all i need is what cluster ( green or white) what pin number and what coulre the wire is, its been a few weeks and i cant find anything out there you guys are my last hope thank you so much
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 4 Old 14-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: New South Wales
Please guys if anybody has a wiring diagram of the steering column im sure lot more people would be after it

if anybody know the answer to my problem please replay thank you
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
The wire your after, according to the workshop manual is,on Connector B Pin 14, wire colour should be BROWN + WHITE. Connector B is the same connector where you plumbed into for the speedo signal.

Last edited by Stixy; 14-10-09 at 10:00.
AO Member
County: Herefordshire

Member car:

Alfa GTV

Well the tack pulse comes from the ecu (motronic) and ends up at the rev counter/clock pc on pin 14 a brown white cable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rev.jpg (24.4 KB, 10 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

meter , rev , tacho , wiring