Cant turn my alarm off - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 13-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Herefordshire
Cant turn my alarm off

hi recently i locked my self out of my car and the battery ran low. since that point i had a fuel injector problem, was told that this was becos my ECU wasn't set correct from the battery dying. so tonight i disconnected my battery and then reconnected it (to run the car on ilde untill the ECU was set up). however on opening the car door the hazzards now flash continiously. when the engine is running then they still go off, they only stop when there is no movement in the cabin. i cant find my Flob and cant see the alarm system in the car bonnet! there's also no sound.

My red LED has always flashed so have presumed that the alarm has been inactive. does anyone know how i can reset the alarm or turn the thing off, or even if i have a alarm. i have motion sensors in the cabin but no sensor dome. my car is a 1998 3L V6. any help would be great pls as right now my only option is to drive around with my hazzards flashing
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

The unit is under the drivers side plastic cover in the engine bay. I'm unsure whether you can just unplug it, however I'm fairly certain the immobiliser system is seperate, so you will probably still be able to start the car etc. However I don't know if removing it will stop indicators working etc....
County: Wiltshire
remove the battery terminals and short them together for at least 15 seconds, then go and buy a new battery and fit it in, if the interior sensor is continuously triggered then place the ignition key in the slot, tun it to MAR, then to OFF, back to MAR and OFF again within 3 seconds and the interior sensors will be inhibited and no longer trigger the alarm.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
You most probaly have a META alarm system, (fob/plip is seperate to the key) so to disconnect the alarm, you remove the 2 fuses on the ALARM ECU, which is located in the centre console.

If you have an ALFA alarm (fob/plip bulit into key), then you can either turn off alarm by using assoicated alarm key or you can diconnected the SIREN/ALARM ECU by removing the eletrical plug.

Every time the battery is disconnected, the META alarm will need to be reset, by using the fob/plip. The LED will flash, this is indicating that the alarm has been trigged, and will flash regardless if the car is running or not. To reset the LED you must have ignition in the MAR postion and press the fob/plip.If you cannot find your fob then, as long you have the RED Meta code then you can get a new fob. If you can't find the fob then you can get the alarm ecu reprogrammed and supplied with 2 new fobs from these guys: - Meta M99T

Unsure about an ALFA alarm???

The IMMOBILISER or CODE system is completely seperate system to the alarm.

By the way, nice colour of your car.

Last edited by Stixy; 16-11-09 at 22:30.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , turn