Help - Electrical problem - hazard lights and buzzing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help Help - Electrical problem - hazard lights and buzzing

I hope someone can help me. i connected the battery today after a week of it being disconnected and the hazard lights started flashing. The hazard light button was depressed so i thought i may have switched them on. I then pressed the hazard light button and the hazards started buzzing like a bed side alarm clock with the right indicator arrow flashing quicker than the left one and in time to the buzzer. i then depressed the hazard light button and started the car. The hazard lights switched off so i thought all was well, but when i switched off the engine and got out of the car, the hazards came on again briefly. i opened the drivers door and they came on briefly again.

for reference, my car is a phase 1. i have all 3 keys and a code card but was never given any remote fobs.

please help, thanks
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
Since you do not have a fob/plip you need to disconnect the alarm ECU, sound like you have a META system, so remove the side panel on the centre console, find the ECU (about the size of cigarette packet) and remove the 2 fuses. If an ALFA alarm then you can either switch off at then Siren/ECU that lives under the plastic cowling in engine bay on the offside with the special key (circle in shape) or disconnect the Siren/ECU.
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
i had a fiat box behind the stereo. also having no alarm fob i had to disconnect the wires from the box to stop the hazards intermittently flashing
i found the problem and solved it.

I had accidently connected a ph2 hazard light instead of the ph1 hazard light.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

buzzing , electrical , hazard , lights , problem