Right, update time...
04032011117.mp4 video by benje_01 - Photobucket
Problem solved. New tensioner and belt, timed it all up, put it back together and we have silence once more! I can only assume it was either a slack belt or a faulty tensioner (It was time stamped 08 so had definitely been changed last time)
What a fiddly little job, hardest part was one of the cambelt cover bolts had begun to round off in the most awkward of places. Luckily I got it free by hitting it with a screwdriver and hammer. Just need to replace that bolt and it's completely finished (Have a temporary bolt in there at the moment)
I went against a few peoples advice and bought the Clarke Impact Wrench CEW1000 to use with a Sealey SX007 41mm Impact socket (perfect fit by the way no need to turn it down). Now I was expecting this crankshaft nut to be a nightmare, how wrong was I! The impact wrench had it off in 5 seconds. Now either the wrench is really good, the nut was loose or because the cambelt was done 18 months previously, it wasn't as tight as some people have experienced.
Big thank you to all the people who have helped me, in particular Topkit, Jiggy, Chris155, Perksy and everyone else who have responded to this thread and my various other threads on here!
It was nice to get back in it today, I've been running round in my 1.25 Fiesta for the last 4 weeks so it felt like a rocket
PS, If anyone is interested in the camlocks or TDC dial gauge holder tool, let me know otherwise I'll stick them on ebay.