Would this cable allow for ABS / Airbag diag / resetting as well?
The unidiag chap wants 40 euros for his cable.....
No and Yes.
Let's start from beginning.
1. This cable is correct cable if you want to use UniDiag, KWP71 or AlfaDiag software.
2. All programs are fine but not for every AR and ECU unit.
3. The standard cable uses the pin no 7 for the K line which is fine for connection to engine ECU.
4. If you want to connect to the ABS or Airbag you need to modify this cable.
5. Airbag uses pin no 3 but ABS is connetced to pin no 1.
6. You can add two dip switches to select the pin which you want or buy the other cable and change the pins in the plug.
7. For connection to Airbag or ABS you need to download other software called: KWP71Diag_USB.
8. Configuration the USB ports and usage of UniDiag is a little bit tricky. There is no good FAQ for this software however there is a user-group on Yahoo.
All required software you can find here: Index of /Diagnostic/Unidiag
I will try to write small manual "UniDiag for dummies", but I cannot promise when.
If you have any questions just ask.