leaking door seals - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 31-08-09 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire
leaking door seals

hi to you out there, i have just got a 1997 spider 2.0 t spark and there is a small amount of water are collecting around the wing mirror wiring housing inside both doors which then runs into both footwells.
It is not a major problem at the moment but as winter approaches it will get worse. Water gets in when i wash the car and when it rains while parked up but haven't seen any water coming in when driving? i've checked the rubber seals around the door and roof and they seem okay, any thoughts on what i should be looking for.
Regards Steve
Sponsored Links
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL
A quick search using “ water ingress “ threw these up, maybe worth a look. I’m pretty sure that if you change the key words you’ll get a few more results as I’m sure that this topic comes and goes every so often.

This from armoore.
Is the heater matrix U/S as implied? If so get it replaced, not easy OR:-
Remove plastic shroud at the lower edge of the windscreen, passenger side, inspect plastic cover over the air intake for ventilation. See if the sealant at the upper edge of this cover is in good condition and replace with RTV sealant if not. This can cause ingress of water into footwell. Do not taste the water in the footwell to see if it contains anti-freeze, get someone else to do it!

Good luck.

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! -TBA

email: nige005@alfaowner.co.uk

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

door , leaking , seals