My hook fell off - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
My hook fell off

..the front of the hood. The pivot pin came out and it dropped on the floor as the hood closed.

Luckily the pin was lying in the hood compartment.

Is it just supposed to be a press fit or would a drop of thread lock be required?

Luckily nobody saw it happen
Sponsored Links
County: -
I had exactly the same issue a few months ago, only I actually lost the pivot pin. Upon contacting Alfa I was informed that the hook, spring and pivot pin are now obsolete and no longer supplied. Fortunately I obtained a pair of hooks/springs/pins from a breakers (thank god for ebay!!!).

It appears that the pins are a simply an interference fit although mine now have a dab of loctite and so far so good

According to Alfa I was not the first person enquiring about new pivot pins and having looked on the inside of the hood cover I noticed the hook appeared to have been rubbing/vibrating against the cover whilst the roof was stowed away......but on on the side that caused the problem. Maybe it is a common problem!

I now have 2 spare hooks and springs and 1 spare pin......considering getting a couple of pins made to sample!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fell , hook