Sherlock Holmes Needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 18-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Idea Sherlock Holmes Needed

A number of problems, im thinking possibly related due to being electrical. Here are the clues...

GTV 3.0 V6 Phase 2 1999

1st Clue
Hazard Lights have a mind of their own, could be bumps or could be random I cant tell, but when they go on there is no tick and its for about 1 second each time. Sometimes happens a few times a minute. Other times not for the whole day.

2nd Clue
About an hour ago my throttle started behaving wierdly 2 seconds of delay and really slow rpm climb even when wacked into full throttle. In neutral and in gear, tried starting engine 5 times same problem.
Very dangerous pulling out onto roundabouts and junctions.
Anyway managed to get to my tuning garage who plugged her in and two codes came up...
Knock Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor

Restarted the engine again and the engine was free revving again. So they removed the codes and I went on my merry way again

3rd Clue
One of the 7.5 amp injector fuses has been blowing A LOT, replaced with 10 amp and blew once since then.

My thoughts were perhaps a compromised wiring loom, does anyone know if there is a wiring loom that contains wires for all/some of these problems?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

holmes , needed , sherlock