GTV TS turning over not firing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-08-09 Thread Starter

Member car:

3.2 gt

GTV TS turning over not firing

OK, Firstly first post so hi been on here for quite a while and the forum has been resource for help tuning my GT

The problem is with the missus' GTV TS, the car will just turn over but doesnt attempt to fire up. We can leave it for a few hours, the warning lights go out like usual and it will generally start first time...... Although this time it doesnt want to go.ive been searching for hours now and seen quite a few posts on different forums with the same problem but no real solution.

The warning lights stay on and dont switch themselves off like normal, its like its immobilized. Occasionally the injector warning light will come on, then turn off as you turn the ignition key. Its definitely something electrical as the car runs perfectly when it starts.

Ive tried,
MAF connected/Not
reset ECU (disconnected battery for 2hours) - still wont start.

theres obviously something really basic here, i feel like there just a switch i need flick!
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 15-08-09 Thread Starter

Member car:

3.2 gt

its like the code system is saying no to the key, i have noticed the code light and injector light maybe once or twice but the rest of the time it doesnt come on.

i have the brown key and my code card and have tried doing the emergency start procedure but it wont seem to enter it (getting the injector light flashing).

Battery, Oil, (!) and ABS lights are staying on in MAR

i am not getting the injector light or code light when turning the key - which i think it should do then go out?

Similar to this but not getting code light/injector light at all

Last edited by adam06GT -3.2; 15-08-09 at 07:44.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

firing , gtv , turning