MOT Failure - I need some advice please
Just had my GTV back from MOT and its failed on the following:
1. ABS light on (wiring at fron has corroded and broken on both sides, guessing its this thats caused it)
2. Number plate light not working
3. All 3 brake lights not working (most worrying one) (guessing not as simple as bulbs as its all 3)
4. Windscreen washer not working (bottle full)
5. Nearside headlamp aim too high but offside headlamp aim too low
6. Front to rear brake pipe excessively corroded (guy said about 4 hour fix, runs along length of car)
7. Emissions fail on all 3 tests (CO2 was fast idle - 7.972, 2nd fast idle - 6.973, natural idle - 8.140 is this means anything to anyone)
8. Parking brake efficiency below requirements, marked dangerous, left side was 0
and advisory light scoring on windscreen.
Really dissapointed in this, spent so much on the car and I havent got a job at the moment so dont have the money to throw at it. What I really need some help with is this, does anyone know how many of those jobs could be done at home?
Would I be better off, or would it be cheaper, to break the car and sell it for parts? (It is a 1997 T Spark with 104k miles, in blue bodywork is good. New Ragazzon exhaust, 3 brand new tyres on standard 16" wheels)
Would it be better to sell the car as is?
Or do you think I should get the garage to fix it all and then sell it with new MOT? (Dont really know how much its going to cost, garage didnt know, has anyone had any of the problems above and could help me out)
Please help guys, I need all the advice I can get.