I've just become a proud new owner of a GTV V6, and could use some advice on sorting some of the issues with the car. Sorry if this sounds like a shopping list, any help would be appreciated!
1. Jittery ride - The car is lowered and on Koni shocks. This gives a very fidgety ride on anything but the smoothest roads, it seems to me like it's over-damped rather than oversprung. I know the Koni's are adjustable, how do I adjust them? I've owned sports cars with firm suspension before, but my GTV seems overly harsh, would adjusting the shocks solve this?
2. Stiff gear change - Shifting across the gate (ie second to third, or fourth to fifth) is a bit hit and miss. There are threads on here suggesting that changing a rubber piece, or replacing the linkage will solve this. Is this a difficult or expensive job?
3. Flaky paint - The roof is just starting to flake. Do I need to get this resprayed or can I just ignore it? If it is a respray, how much should this cost?
4. Radio code - The battery has been dis-connected, and the now the radio seems to need a code entering. What is the code?
5. Squeaky seats - They squeak a lot over bumps. Would greasing the hinge in the seats solve this?
Other than the above, am loving the powerhouse of an engine and the surprisingly nimble handling. Will be a great car once I've sorted all the niggles...
Welcome to GTV ownership....
to try and answer your questions
1) have you checked your tyre pressures? GTV's seem to be very responsive to a change of pressure.
2) Do a search on here for V6 gearchange, V6's have a cable controlled change, it may be possible to adjust it.
3) You will need to get the roof repainted in order to rectify this issue
4) if it is an original radio have a word with your local dealer, if they are no use then have a chat with Jason from Donalds Alfa, he is a member on here, username 'Donalds Alfa'
5) No, unfortunately not, there are little springs in the seat and these are the ones that make the noise
hope that helps