im selling one of my 3 alfas - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 05-08-09 Thread Starter
County: -
im selling one of my 3 alfas

Hi all

I'm being moaned at by the wife that our drive has been cluttered with a small fleet of alfas and is now telling me to get rid of one. So I'm selling one of these 3

I will list them all below to see which one someone may want before having to decide myself and advertising it properly

Alfa number 1

156 veloce 2 ltr in metallic blue with grey leather and the large spoiler. 4 months tax and mot'ed until january (I think but certainly longer than the tax!) Its got a face off tape player in the front and multi stack in the back its got the veloce side skirts with the alfa body kit on it (looks amazing but not over powering) lowered slightly with standard alfa alloys with good tread. Lots of service history. This car has had a new cambelt, 10 new valves and balanced conrods, new head gasket and thermostat. Car runs as it should with no problems pulling. It has painted red calipers and does look the bizz. Small scuff on the passengers side door (almost all of it polished out) the rest of the car is in great condition with 96,000 miles looking for 1100 (really does look the part of sporty saloon

Alfa Number 2

156 1.8 lusso in silver, with side skirts and large spoiler, later wheels, body work ok to good with an imperfection on the front wing, black leather. Got mot till november again drives fine and as it should higher miles but higher mileage at 140,000. New cambelt head gasket and thermostat. 900

Alfa number 3

156 1.8 lusso sportswagon 2002 facelift model. New cambelt valves ect ect... this is my daily drive and it pulls well new plugs, coil packs as well. There are no nasty engine management light or display on the computer display. Had a bit of a problem with this car and since replacing the battery and coil packs its been fine ever since. Mileage is 110,000 1600

A little something about myself. I've owned numerous 156's and tend to find local bargains with the dreaded cambelt failure. I always use new camblet kits, new valves with the heads being skimmed and new gaskets (always payen the best not 4 cheaper ebay rubbish) journals are always checked and mic-ed up not just its ok and new rings are used where necessary with the bores honed. I always use the vehicles for at least a month before selling them.

Luckily for me my closest friend works in a machine shop (not just a minimum wage garage worker(no offence to minimum wage garage workers)) so I get the skimming and pressure testing done for half price

Any questions just ask

Or for photos pm me

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfas , selling