Anyone else managed to spin there GTV? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: -
Originally Posted by matt7GTV View Post
Thanks for your input and advice fellas.

Der Teufel (Kommst du aus Deutchland?) - thought about powering out of it for a split second, but when I saw the eyes of the driver coming the opposite way I wanted to stop asap!
Nicht komme ich aus Kent, Der (rote) Teufel war ein Name gegeben zu Tazio Nuvolari durch die Deutschen. Er ist mein Held

von chortle !
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Spinning Around...

I managed to spin my Spider out of control when oil leaked from under the engine and onto the road and tyres whilse taking a left corner at 30kph! I went flying, how I didn't write it off is beyond me! Gosh, that was 5 years ago now, I've still got my 1996 Spider, yay!
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 ts

I haven't spun my Gtv, but i have certainly had her fishtailing coming off a roundabout, they can be prone to a bit of lift off oversteer, but Pirelli P6000's are awfull, i once wrote off a 6 week old 145 QV shod with those on it on a damp road.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

I spun mine through 450 degrees after a pant-smattering lift off oversteer moment on a wet motorway overpass (J6 on the M74 down into Hamilton for anyone who knows the area). Went into the corner a little fast, lifted off and then spent the rest of the curve completely sideways with the nose of the car centimeters aways from the crash barrier in front of me, full lock & full power (possibly even hard on the brakes too such was the lack of skill involved). Just when I thought I was going to get away without actually hitting anything, the front wheels went from tarmac to grass, lost whatever traction they had, hitting the nose/numberplate mount off the crash barrier and spun me out accross the lanes.

Not going to blame the tyres or road conditions - all happened because I was driving beyond my limits. Mercifully there was very little damage done to the car & a shedload of growing up was done!

Last edited by MJGibb; 03-08-09 at 18:22.
I have almost lost the backend of a GTV V6 before, I lifted of mid corner and the rear swung out so I turned into the slide and kept on power and I was fine if a little shook up

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , managed , spin