Fuel Injection Warning Light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Fuel Injection Warning Light

I have a GTV V6 (Phase 2)

A few weeks ago the Fuel Injection Warning Light came on. I took it to the Alfa dealer who diagnosed a problem in the "accelerator line". They fiddled about and the problem went away.

Now it's back on again. I took it to the dealer again and they said they didn't really know where to start fixing the problem, but that it is definately in the "accelerator line" ! It looks like it has had a new throttle potentiometer before.

So they suggested they replace the throttle potentiometer for starters, as this was the cheapest option to start with ---- at 497 !!!!

So can anyone please answer the following questions:

1. Do the throttle electrical cables run directly from the throttle potentiometer to the throttle body (at the air intake) so that I could test them for continuity, or do they go via a computer ?

2. Has anyone managed to service a throttle potentiometer or throttle body or are they completely sealed units ?

3. Are there any other parts that might be causing this problem. (I know the AFM can cause a fuel injection warning light problem, but is this actually in the "accelerator line" ?)

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light

bloody newbies

Last edited by IANinBCN; 01-03-04 at 18:15. Reason: I'm Stupid
Cry Like A Baby Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light

Just got a 3.0 GTV, I think it's going to turn out expensive...

I have the injection warning light on too, the car is OK for about 20 minutes until it warms up, then the aforementioned light comes on acompanied by an approx 2 second delay between pushing the accelerator and the engine reacting.

I too got the advice to change the accelerator pot. , did you do this in the end and what were the results ?

By the way, I'm in Spain, the price quoted for the pot. was 432 Euros, substantially less then in the UK, maybe you could source it from here and get it fitted by a competent tech. I'd be glad to help if necessary.

Another thing, you probably noticed that I said above that I'd just got the car, implying that it is under guarantee. The garage I got it from is playing silly buggers and says it's not covered (git).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fuel , injection , light , warning