Clicking/Whistling Windows - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Clicking/Whistling Windows

Does anyone else suffer this problem? And more importantly does anyone else know how to solve it?? The passenger window on my GTV loses it's seal everytime you open and close the door. It whistles really loudly (actually sounds open) until you open and then close the window to reseal. Once you've done this however it 'clicks' loudly for a couple of minutes. Weird I know. The Alfa dealer took it in and "reset" it, it worked for about a week and it the same again.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Mine did that a bit on the driver's side - the window glass ends up a touch too high to squeeze under that teeny flap on the rubber seal fixed to the roof.

It's quite a common problem and the dealers should know how to sort it out - they adjust the glass height to the correct height.

On the other hand they may just have put rubber lubricant on the seals, to help the glass tuck into the flap (which may be what they did). You can try the same thing - Halfords sell a good lube, though it leaves a bit of a smear on the glass till it settles down.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
Mine does that clicking thing - bloody annnoying!
Mine does it too. The way I get around it, is to open and close the window after a passenger has got in.
You all need your door glass position adjusting!!
The glass gradually moves upwards out of position over time.
Not a difficult job to rectify once the door panel's off, there are several adjusters to fine tune the position of the glass - up/down in/out front/back etc., the time consuming bit is getting the door panel off as there are so many fasteners etc & then it's a fiddle to get the thing lined up & back on again.
Dealers tend to rush this and break trim, fasteners etc., If your a bit of a 'DIY'er' with a couple of spare hours on a dry day with some patience you'll probably do a better job than my dealer did the first time I had mine done!! + save yourself a few quid too!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

clicking or whistling , windows