Any ideas? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Guy Warrington
Any ideas?

Posted a message not so long ago about a droning sound coming off the wheel...sod that now! For some reason when I accelerate from a stand still (not even hard) every so often when I get to say 3000 rpm it feels a bit sluggish momentarily and then suddenly decelerates and the engine cuts out! When it does it the injection warning light comes on! I know it says take it straight to the dealership but does anyone have a clue what it might be first? Air leak? ECU? I actually had a problem the other week when it happened, it refused to idle. It ended up being a not sure what it's called but it's the black thing just before the inlet manifold with a few tubes coming off it, it's a valve I guess! This cured the idling but now it's doing this. I can't imagine it being anything major as it's intermittent but an answer would be nice! Just tell me straight! I can take it!

Cheers (sorry about the length!)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Guesses here; fuel filter? Lambda sensor?
I had a similar repetitive problem with mine. When it lashed it down, every now and again the revs would drop and the engine die. When restarted the revs would start to climb like crazy until you turned it off again (don't know where it would have stopped!!) I took it into the dealer several times and had loads of work done, each time being assured that the problem was solved (also casting me a small fortune each time). Eventually after about 6 months of problems I gave it to the dealer and told them to drive it in the rain until it happened again. After initially replacing the electronic accelerator, air flow meter etc... it was a loose wire. Massive cost to me for nothing. Good luck

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider