Cam belts change?? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Re: Cam belts change??

Not really a pig, it is involved but special tools help. I've done a couple including variator and its no big deal, just takes time and care.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: Cam belts change??

Originally Posted by mdj.1 View Post
Can't remember exactly what EB charged but it was around £200-£250 - I didn't get any discount as I remember.

As for the water pump, I was quoted something like £60 by a local garage for a replacement although that wouldn't have been an official Alfa part. If your cars of an age, it's probably worth changing since you'd need to take all the belts off etc to get to it anyhow.
You should change the water pump if you have a 2.0 because the pump is fitted with a plastic impeller. eeerily enough they tend to go the moment the belts are changed, and because of their positioning they are a bugger to get at, so most dealers do it when doing the belts.

However, the waterpump of a 3.0 V6 is a different part, and has a metal impeller, so should not need replacing. Its interesting to note what the dealer says as it's a good test to see if they are having you over.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

belts , cam , change