brake pads - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
brake pads

Hi there,

I need to get new brake pads for my '96 gtv. Can anyone advise as to which ones to get?
I called a motor factors was told that there were two different kinds? Also I tried to change the transmissin oil the other day but could'nt get ter drain allen-bolt out. Is a custom tool required for this?

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Hi bcampion
If your current brake pads have served you well, not been to noisy, and not faded, get the same again. If not, I found Ferodo DS2000 a good upgrade. wink The V6 GTVs have different calipers, so you need to specify which engine size.

I think the plug will either be a TORX or RIBE head fastener, You can probably bodge it with an Allen key, but I wouldn't risk it. You MUST make sure you use the right viscosity of oil - it is slightly odd. If you use 80/90 you won't get second gear in the Winter. Safest bet is to get it from your dealers parts counter.
AO Member

Member car:

I think Alfa fitted two types of breaking systems to cars built between 95 - 97, even the 2.0 TS version. When I replaced the break pads on mine, I was asked for the chassis number by Motorvogue.

EB spares also mailed me a picture of two (very)different types. I've 'misplaced' the piccies tho'.

Be afraid tho'... 1 type is about 40 per set the other about 90 a set... so I was told by Mango's anyway and I trust them even if they are a dealer
AO Gold Member
i recently replaced mine with Mintex pads and noticed a GREAT imporvement. really cheap too, so recommended from my end

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

brake , pads