Thought i might get a new undertray and an oil change while i was there - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Thought i might get a new undertray and an oil change while i was there

SOD THAT! they want 186 inc parts and labour just for the undertray and another 91 for the oil change eek! Anyway i told em not to bother with the oil change (i have the stuff i need) i'll do it myself.
Sponsored Links
AMC chelmsford are the people working on the car. i asked them also to check on possible leaks in the radiator and break fluid. It turns out theres a leaking the clutch slave cylender and one in the radiator.

Parts labour and VAT cost for each item so far:

186.65 - For the fitting of the engine back cover (couldnt do it myself the bolts had all lost their threads.

132.38 - for the clutch slave cylender

418.78 - for the radiator eek!

i told them to put the cylender in and i'll get a rad from a breaker which shouldnt be to difficult to fit.
AO Member
I had a similar surprise with the pricing of a new Rad.
Alfa Aid in Maidenhead quoted me 475 eek!
My bro is an AA patrolman, and the cheapest he could get a rad for is 220, although I've got parts and labour cover with the AA so will get them to sort it out. wink
so how much is the radiator by itself then? theres a breaker near me that'll do it for 100.

They fitted the undertray for me on friday. yesterday i decided to do the oil change. So i jacked up the car and found that the bolts they used to fit the new tray hadnt been replaced with new.

the two rear bolts under the tray (that were spinning around in the socket due to broken threads i guess) was STILL spinning around in the socket (they must have used an air tool to remove it). Now the other one; they removed it completly and instead of reboring a new thread and replacing the bolt they drilled another hole and put a phillips screw in there with a couple of washers! I would have thought reboring or weilding a nut to the dodgy hole would have been the best thing to do surely?

I am no machanic but this must be classed as shoddy work?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

change , oil , thought , undertray