Spider hoods - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 24-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Spider hoods

OK - first time in.

I like to pick up your problems and tips - I could not bear to renovate an old Spider - trouble at home if I take on more hobbies - plus I travel a lot - so I bought a new 3.0.
I thought some delivery problems, but so far nothing, except ....
Yes, the hood. Sure I know soft tops come in individually packages, some are better than others, but mine does not seem to fit on the windscreen at the intended point - I get typical metallic groans from the right - the kind that stay in the back of your mind inspite of a good CD. If I push hard to the right before fixing - sometimes - it goes away.

Any manual or tips anywhere for hood adjustments ?

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem and it didnt allow it to fasten. I got mine fixed by the garage I bought it from for free as this was a month after i got it. The guy said it was out of alignment and all he did was adjust a few bolts.. I guess the best thing to do would be to go to the point it pivots at and see if there are any adujusting bolts,, he said it took him 10mins but then they do fix them quite regularly.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 25-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thats a good start - I am just afraid my AR mechanic has not seen many Spider hoods - I think my Spider was the dealers first sale.
I will wait until later.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

hoods , spider