A few questions... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Guy Warrington
A few questions...

I recently took the engine cover off my 1996 GTV and found that the 3rd smaller (spark plug's lead) rubber had melted quite a bit. The lead itself is intact and I assume it's still working ok because it's running better than ever at the minute. What's caused this and how much would it be for a new one or possibly a full set? It's only the leads coming off the smaller spark plugs I need right, not the main spark plug leads? If I end up changing them all is there any better performance leads for the GTV?

My other problem is my aerial. Just before it's fully up it makes a horrible noise like the gearing is grinding together. I rarely listen to the radio but it's ****ing me off! At first I thought it wasn't fully extending but on closer inspection it is. It's getting jammed or something and I've tried WD40 and lube etc. Anything else I can try?

Cheers as always!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Hi Guy

Can't comment on the plug leads, sorry. But it sounds like you're going to have to have a look at the aerial motor itself erm, unless you've already done that? It sounds like it's not stopping at the right time, and still running when the aerial is at it's max, therefore trying to push something that can't be pushed up any further........if you get what I mean!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider