Key Fob - Bust - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Key Fob - Bust

HI everybody this is my first Alfa post, but have been checking out the site for ages, its helped me out loads. I just need help with two things.
(1) I have replaced the pads on my 98 Alfa Spider with no problems, took 30mins, my mate has asked if I could do his GTV 3.0, the calipers obviously look different (very nice read alfa insignia) I guess its basically the same as the Spider, nothing to look out for?
(2) Dropped my key fob down the toilet (dont ask) and the fob is no longer activating doors/immobiliser. I have replaced the battery's in it with no luck, what should I expect next if I contact alfa huge bills?? I have the master key.

Regards Martin
Sponsored Links
before going for a new one, open it, and clean the circuit board with contact cleaner. you might have some **** deposits preventing the circuit from functioning well (depends on what was in the toilet but evidently not only water............. should work........i once went to swim with the keys in my bathing suit with my other car.

it worked once i cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner to remove the salt build up.
Good point, I just let it air dry and it worked once to let me back in but after that, nothing. Yep there was more than water it came into contact with!!!!!!

But i am sure the alcohol/ammonia in the water should have cleaned it nicely.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tarsey:
But i am sure the alcohol in the water should have cleaned it nicely.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This would explain why it got dropped inthe first place. wink
AO Member
That'll teach you to chew on your keys whilst taking a wizz! naughty
AO Gold Member
magior have you opened up a car key? i mean a new one with an immobilized car?
is it true that there is a chip etc inside a normal key? (i.e. not a remote key)
is there also a battery?
(for example in a 2001 fiat punto or 2002 pug 106, etc etc etc)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bust , fob , key